Gorton's Fish Tostadas with Light Mexican Slaw and Chipotle Mayo
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes or until crispy
- 1 pkg of Gorton's Crispy Battered Fish fillets
- 6 pre baked tostadas or lightly fried tortillas
- Light Mexican Slaw (recipe below)
- Chipotle Mayo (recipe below)
- Bake fish according to package.
- Place fish on cutting board and slice.
- Evenly spread each tostada with chipotle mayo, add a layer of Mexican slaw and sliced fish.
- Drizzle with mayo.
Light Mexican Slaw
- 5 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small jicama, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine red cabbage, carrots, jicama in a large bowl.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water to crisp.
- Drain for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together lime juice, olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to cabbage mixture and stir.
*Make ahead ~ Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Will keep overnight, but the red cabbage will bleed causing the salad to turn pink. Toss again to refresh just before serving.
- Chipotle Mayo
- Makes 1 cup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice and chipotles in bowl.
Finely chop chile and add to bowl. Stir to combine, season with salt and pepper.
*If concerned about heat, use adobo sauce instead of chile.